Shaving like I mean it.

Shaving like I mean it.
Shaving with Meaning

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

I KNOW WHAT I AM BUILT FOR

People tellin' me on the big screen
It's over
People tellin' me on little screen
It's over
All I have to say is
FUCK THAT NOISE!
FUCK THAT NOISE!
FUCK THAT NOISE!

The Man in the Red Hat
Tellin' me it's over
The Woman in the Pantsuit
Tellin' me it's hopeless
To not fight
To not march
To not chain myself
to my brother and sister
Because they are worth fighting FOR
This is not an Aristocracy
This was a Democracy
This is now an Oligarchy
But we will fight it
Til we get our COUNTRY

We can philosophize
We can satiricize
We can paralyze
We can fantasize
But it won't be NOTHING
Until we realize
Until we socialize
Until we can vocalize
And we open our eyes
Then it will be SOMETHING

We might have to march
We might have to show up
We might have to hurt
We might have to cry
We might have to laugh
We might have to say goodbye
But I read it was once said
"A Ship is safe in Harbor
But that is not what it was built for."
What were we built for?
My answer? This ship was built to Bern!

Til then when they tell you it's over
Do you sing?
Or do you tell them
FUCK THAT NOISE?!

- Melanie Davis

#StepUpOrSitDown #WisdomBeforeGreed #NeedsBeforeWants #wisdomNOTwarhawk #NOMoreOligarchy #EnoughisEnough #WeDoThisForUs #WeAreBernie #wehavew

No comments:

Post a Comment