Shaving like I mean it.

Shaving like I mean it.
Shaving with Meaning

Monday, January 16, 2017

Reaching up to just get a little bit of you
Like fingers in the Slipstream
Marring the image because it's true
I want to know what it is about this crazy dream
That makes my mind always turn in circles
Crazy loop-di-loops
Staying focused are my everyday miracles
Distractedly using forks for ice cream scoops

Call it what you will
But just like in my mind
I can't get my breath to still
No matter how much I beg in kind
It sticks like this to my soul
Your time ticking bomb
Buried deep in a whole
Bursting into pieces creating a balm
The biggest fragments a mile wide
I smile at what is to come
Ripping apart at the incoming tide
For me it is freeing, but a tragedy to some

I wait for the updraft
To push me ever onward
Through tears I laughed
My mind bringing forward
The memories of all the things
That kept me in this plane
With scissors it cuts the strings
That brought me shame, tears and pain
I taste sweet release
In the shedding of the wreckage
A freedom to never cease
This wrecking of bondage

Maybe the new and distant limb
Will not allow for burdens like before
Because this soul has had to trim
To stand upon a distant shore
Without leaving a trace
With finger tips spread
Walking on from the last place
I knew not to where I tread

© Melanie Davis
01/17/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment