Shaving like I mean it.

Shaving like I mean it.
Shaving with Meaning

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Labor of Contribution

Labor of Contribution

The labor of contribution is no small thing
It's not merely Inspiration
It's not just a spoken word
It's not just a thought enhanced
But the conscious act of accord

It is the bread and the butter
It is the white on the rice
It is the illumination of light
The something that is the some added to thing
The something that is some added to thing

The push and the pull of energy
The string of thoughts from my mind
The making of something from nothing
The inspiration made real enough to find
A nod from the world
A pure push from the right direction
It is more than the intention

My hands may do the work
And my mind may drive my hands
But my purpose isn't weak
It's more than Monday through Friday
And the 40 hour week
I don't strive just because of someday
Because retirement may never come
Because retirement may never come
If my heart gives out today
My soul will understand
Because each day that I lived
I stood upon this land
My labor not given lightly
And though it's toll it did take
For my my labor of contribution
Wasn't for my own sake.
Melanie Davis 9/11/12

No comments:

Post a Comment