Shaving like I mean it.

Shaving like I mean it.
Shaving with Meaning

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Pirouette my lovely muse
Turn about for me
On this axis
Mountain top
You were blind but now I am
Give to me another pose
But spin for all to see
The music that is burning
Your life I have to choose
The pit 'to which I fling you
In all your beauty goes
I feel for you sweet muse
Your life is not your own
Such illusion granted 
To keep you on your toes
None is real none is real
Declares your mouth 
Declares your hands
Declares your ears
Declares your eyes
Declares your nose
Declares your soul
Tragedy reveals to you 
The image that you sought
Timeless knells of bells and visions that you wrought
Heavens upwards and surface fractures below
The carried weight of muses that spin on and on
 Upon the tip of a needle
It is all for naught
My hat's off to you and perhaps a sock also
Keep spinning lovely pirouette
Be the wanted and beguiled
Be the frail and be the wild
burden that you bear
Which is why I turn the key

- Melanie Davis July 29th 2015


  


Ballet dancer. Harry M. Rhoads, photographer. Harry M. Rhoads Photograph Collection, Western History/Genealogy Department, Denver Public Library, Library of Congress.

No comments:

Post a Comment