Shaving like I mean it.

Shaving like I mean it.
Shaving with Meaning

Thursday, June 9, 2016

I ran as fast as my legs would go
The sting and heat of them
from running for too long
I could hear and feel you
Still running behind me
The only things I could feel
besides pain
Was thunder
The wind
And the spear in my hand
I knew it was only a moment I had left
For my life to be lived
I turned and faced you, my brother
As you ran towards me
Your hooves barely striking the ground
But when they did it was clear who ruled the earth
I steadied myself spear ready
And you, my brother ran yourself into it
Straight through your eye
And I saw no more

Melanie Davis 06/09/14

(Less of a poem but more the dream that came to me like a haunted memory one night. It felt so real and sometimes it comes back in my mind.)

No comments:

Post a Comment